About the Journal
The Journal of Sociology and Christianity is a peer-reviewed, academic publication designed to provide a forum for the latest research and commentary relative to the intersection of Christianity and society. The journal is published bi-annually, in October and April. ISSN 2572-4088
Note: This journal was originally entitled the Journal for the Sociological Integration of Religion and Society (JSIRS), up until Volume 6, Number 2 (October 2016).
Purposes of the Journal of Sociology and Christianity:
- to publish original research and commentary that addresses the difficult social and cultural issues of our time;
- to publish all types of sociological research, including scientistic, interpretive, and critical articles, as well as their applications to public and policy debates;
- to publish the full range of theoretical perspectives and research methodologies employed by sociologists to analyze human social life;
- to weave Christian faith and practice into its many different social and cultural settings without imposing itself;
- to enrich understanding of the diversity of Christian faith and practice;
- to utilize sociology as a tool for Christian ethical reflection and social engagement;
- to expand the resources and research available to Christian leaders and practitioners as agents of service and change in their respective endeavors;
- to stimulate ongoing dialogue among Christians who desire to integrate their faith with their scholarship about the ways and processes of doing so;
- to provide a window for persons not of Christian faith to observe how Christians study and engage society through sociology;
- to invite scholars not of Christian faith into dialogue by reporting on their research into the intersection of Christianity and society;
- to inform scholars in other academic disciplines of the contributions that sociology can make to the intersection of Christian faith and learning;
- to serve as both a priestly voice for and a prophetic voice to the Christian community.
Institutional Sponsor: Omega Graduate School
JSC is an extension of the purpose for which Omega Graduate School exists: to equip Christian adults to integrate religion and society in order to transform the family, church, and community worldwide.
Organizational Sponsor: Christian Sociological Association
JSC is also an extension of the purpose for which the Christian Sociological Association exists: to be a forum where Christian sociologists can explore the implications of the Christian faith for the thinking and doing of sociology, and a place to engage in personal and professional development through concentrated discussion on the integration of the sociological vocation with the Christian calling.
Indexing and Abstracts:
JSC is indexed in the ATLA Religion Database® (ATLA RDB®), a product of the American Theological Library Association. Email: email@example.com, www: http://www.atla.com/
JSC articles are abstracted in Religious and Theological Abstracts, Myerstown, PA.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://rtabst.org
Call for Papers:
The Journal of Sociology and Christianity requests submission of articles for the next issue. All articles will be blind peer-reviewed. Please see the Submission Guidelines for details.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.